In this day and age, Social Media is here to stay and it is of the utmost importance that tech savvy Realtors embrace this technology.
Social Media is no longer for the “young” but for all of us, the young and old or should I re-phrase that to the young-at-heart. It’s the new form of communication over the days of old ... making a telephone call or handwriting (cursive ???) or typing and sending “snail mail” – not that those aren’t still utilized and important in our everyday business. However today it's text messaging, social media, video messaging, YouTube and email.
Buyers and Sellers expect us to be up-to-date on technology. Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, Instagram or Google+ … oh the list goes on and on … every day we meet clients online and share our experiences, our listings, and just fun information to express and show ourselves to be personable, experienced and knowledgeable in our professional and personal life.
We manage our cyber-passion in the hope that when the need arises for our “friends” or “followers” to need the services of a Real Estate Agent, we will be their TOMA, aka “Top of Mind Awareness” – in other words, their Go To Agent!
There are so many sources available today for reaching out to family, friends and past, present or future clients … blogging, our websites, and professional groups … it gets pretty conjested on the super-highway, but there are a few I would like to give a shout-out to? ActiveRain, RESAAS, and HomeAdNet ... these platforms are comprised of Real Estate Agents from all around the world – among the many options available they offer blogging, listing properties and/or videos, referrals, testimonials, Q&A, FAQ. My favorite HomeAdNet also offers the ability to make quick posting to a number of social media sites in one click. You just can’t be unsavvy in today’s world of real estate – customers expect and look for an agent that understands the importance of being where the Action is!
Questions for Buyer or Sellers
* Is it important to use a tech savvy real estate agent?
* Is it helpful if they're on Instagram, Twitter, etc.
* What benefit does it bring you as a buyer or seller?
* What are the key characteristics you look for in choosing a tech savvy agent?
I also want to hear from Real Estate Agents
* Have you found this is a request from your clients?
* Would they like you to be more tech savvy or be on more social networks? * Why? Is it because they want you to be more available to answer their questions at any time of day or night?
* Does being tied into social media make you more knowledgeable about the housing market, etc.?
If you are looking an agent in SE Wisconsin, I’m your gal!
Diana Dahlberg, Broker/Owner/Realtor
1 MONTH REALTY - Serving SE Wisconsin since 1994
5703 Springbrook Road - Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
(262) 657-1171 office (262) 308-3563 cell Diana@1Month.com